an update on the text package proposal and a call for consensus

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 18 13:39:14 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 20:18 +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> Following the recent discussions about some details in the text package
> we have had a revision to the proposal. I am confident that we will now
> be able to achieve a consensus on the last issue of contention and thus
> we will be able to accept the package as a whole for the next HP
> release.

[...]

> Call for consensus
> ------------------
>
> http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/wiki/AddingPackages#Consensus
>
> Are there any unresolved concerns?
>
> If not then the text package will be accepted with the changes outlined
> above.

Deadline for responses: Nov 23rd

If you have an important comment then please respond as soon as
possible.

This is a one week extension on the original text proposal deadline,
because the proposal was updated late in the process. The release team
are satisfied that they can cope with this change.

Duncan
(still wearing his Haskell Platform Steering Committee hat)