proposed change to transformers package

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Wed Mar 24 07:57:41 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 02:37:54PM +0000, Ross Paterson wrote:
> I propose to rename some of the modules in the transformers package so
> that it no longer conflicts with the mtl package:
>
>   Control.Monad.Identity renamed as Data.Functor.Identity
>   Control.Monad.Trans split between Control.Monad.Trans.Class and
>         Control.IO.Trans.Class

Here's a list of the packages that will be broken by this change because
they import the renamed modules, depend on transformers with an open
constraint and do not depend on monads-fd or monads-tf:

  attempt-0.0.2
  complexity-0.1.3
  control-monad-attempt-0.0.1
  control-monad-free-0.5
  iteratee-parsec-0.0.2
  monad-coroutine-0.5
  monad-parallel-0.5
  monad-stlike-io-0.2.1
  MonadCatchIO-transformers-0.1.0.0
  safe-failure-0.2
  scc-0.5

Many more packages depending on transformers will need to be updated
eventually, but they have bounded dependencies.