Generalizing Network.CGI exceptions to MonadCatchIO

Anders Kaseorg andersk at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 20 23:21:57 EDT 2010

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010, Bjorn Bringert wrote:
> Thanks for showing the cgi package some love. It really needs a new
> maintainer since I have no time to spend on it. I think Ganesh was
> looking into that. Any news?

With Ganesh’s approval, I’ve declared myself maintainer of the cgi
library.  I uploaded two new versions.

3001.1.7.3 just fixes two regressions in 3001.1.7.2:
• Don’t use non-standard pattern guards.
• Restore compatibility with base-3 using extensible-exceptions.

3001.1.8 extends the API by adding a MonadCatchIO instance as I proposed.

(I’m going to hold off on formally deprecating throwCGI, catchCGI, tryCGI
for now, pending some thinking about how best to reconcile the cgi API
with Dan Knapp’s new direct-fastcgi API.)

Anders