Policy question re: Haskell Platform installer on OSX

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 13 16:25:21 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 16:48 +0200, Yitzchak Gale wrote:
> Duncan Coutts wrote:
> > input from the OSX users and hackers would be most welcome.
>
> Manuel has done a ton of work on Mac installers for GHC,
> please make sure to get feedback from him on whatever you do.
> There are some very subtle points.

Yes we'd very much like his advice if he has time to give it.

One thing that we should try and do with the platform effort is to
document these issues so that more than one or two people know the black
arts involved in building installers on our supported platforms.

> In particular - there could be significant differences between
> Leopard and Tiger. I'm on Tiger, and Manuel is on Leopard.
> AFAIK Manuel never managed to get an installer working for
> Tiger based on his Leopard work.

Tiger   == OS 10.4
Leopard == OS 10.5

So the one built on 10.5 did not work with 10.4, but presumably an
installer built on the older version will work on the newer version.

Duncan