Proposal for Data.List.splitBy

Marcus D. Gabriel marcus at gabriel.name
Sun Jan 11 13:14:24 EST 2009

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> On 2009 Jan 4, at 17:59, Marcus D. Gabriel wrote:
>> Henning Thielemann wrote:
>>>
>>> I assumed that the discussion was resolved by
>>>   http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/split
>>
>> I did not have that impression.
>
> The discussion demonstrated why there is no standard split in
> Data.List:  nobody can agree on how it should work.  Hence the Split
> package, which should allow us to find out which ones get used and
> which don't, and which are viable candidates for addition to Data.List.

I did not really interpret the Split package this way, but thank  you
for pointing
this out to me.  Let me follow up with Duncan's response and see if I
can explain
myself better.

--
  Marcus D. Gabriel, Ph.D.                         Saint Louis, FRANCE
  http://www.marcus.gabriel.name            mailto:marcus at gabriel.name
  Tel: +33.3.89.69.05.06                   Portable: +33.6.34.56.07.75