different flavours of Monad Transformer Library

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Jan 5 07:15:41 EST 2009

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Ross Paterson wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 09:32:21AM +0100, Henning Thielemann wrote:
>>
>> How about Control.Monad.Trans.Identity which is re-exported by
>> Control.Monad.Identity in mtl?
>
> Hmm, it's a conflict between co-existing with mtl and using the
> Right Name for the transformers package, which is intended to be
> usable by itself.  I prefer the latter, myself.

It's me again ... The package contains Control.Monad.Trans which also
conflicts with mtl. Maybe it can be split into
    Control.Monad.Trans.Class
    Control.Monad.IO.Class
  Which would no longer conflict with mtl and is cleaner I think (or did
anyone, who wanted to import MonadIO class, expect it in
Control.Monad.Trans?)