template haskell (Debian & chart)

Brian Denheyer briand at aracnet.com
Tue Dec 29 14:08:41 EST 2009

I need template haskell for chart.

I installed the libghc6-src-ext-devs which supposedly provides
template haskell, but I get the following error.

*** Chasing dependencies:
Chasing modules from: *Language.Haskell.TH.Syntax.Internals,*Language.Haskell.TH.Syntax,*Language.Haskell.TH.PprLib,*Language.Haskell.TH.Ppr,*Language.Haskell.TH.Lib,*Language.Haskell.TH.Quote,*Language.Haskell.TH

Language/Haskell/TH/Syntax/Internals.hs:20:7:
    Could not find module `Data.Data':
      it is a member of the hidden package `base'
      locations searched:
        dist/build/Data/Data.hs
        dist/build/Data/Data.lhs
        Data/Data.hs
        Data/Data.lhs
        dist/build/autogen/Data/Data.hs
        dist/build/autogen/Data/Data.lhs

I get the same error if I try cabal install template-haskell also.

I can't tell if this is because there is a version problem or the
library really isn't installed.

Brian