Cabal: literate hscolour

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Aug 24 08:10:35 EDT 2009

> My old files processed with hscolour 1.13 had headers like
>
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd
> ">
> <head>
> <!-- Generated by HsColour, http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/darcs/hscolour/
>  -->
> <title>src/Imogen/Infon/Fol/Subst.lhs</title>
> <link type='text/css' rel='stylesheet' href='hscolour.css' />
> </head>
>
> The files now don't have this header, and they are not showing up
> colored.

Ah, yes, that was one of the consequences of using -lit: it has always
implied -partial.  However, it is clearly a bug that there was no way
to get an HTML / CSS / LaTeX prologue and epilogue in conjunction with
the -lit option.  Now fixed.  The behaviour of -nopartial is now the
default for all inputs, even literate files.  People who want the old
behaviour must now ask for it explicitly, using -lit -partial.

> Second, I'm probably being a pain in the ass, but I'd also like to
> keep my literate comments preformatted.  Right now they are mashed
> all together

I'm not sure what you mean.  Could you send an example?  (It is
possible that it is a DOS/Windows line-ending bug.)

I will make a new release 1.15 of HsColour once I have a fix for this
second bug.

Regards,
     Malcolm