(no subject)

roconnor at theorem.ca roconnor at theorem.ca
Fri Aug 14 12:07:56 EDT 2009

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009, Iavor Diatchki wrote:

> Different packages can provide modules with the same name, so it seems
> perfectly reasonable to let programmers choose the names for their
> modules.

What you say here seems to be somewhat at odds with what is written in the
below documentation:

<http://www.haskell.org/hierarchical-modules/libraries/reference-libraries.html>

Specifically where it says:

``If, however, you are providing a library for any other part of the
hierarchy [not in User or Org], then the module names in the should be
allocated.''

Your disagreement might be okay.  This documentation is quite old, and
might be out of date.  However, if this is the case then might I suggest
it either be removed from haskell.org or somehow marked as being obsolete.