Thinking about what's missing in our library coverage

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 18:28:35 EDT 2009

>>   * replace haskell-src with haskell-src-exts
>
> Yes, if the maintainer thinks its ready.

The maintainer says that the library itself is definitely ready in its
current state. :-)

The only problem is that it depends on cpphs, which is not in the
platform. I personally think that cpphs warrants inclusion in the
platform too, but it comes with that same LGPL (+linking exception)
"burden" that is already discussed (haskell-src-exts itself uses BSD).

I see two possibilities:

* Allow LGPL (+linking exception) in the HP and include cpphs. Then
haskell-src-exts can replace haskell-src immediately.

* I remove the rather small functionality in haskell-src-exts that
depends on cpphs (namely deliterating literate source files). Then a
slightly stumped haskell-src-exts could replace haskell-src after I
release such a stumped version.

Ok, I actually see one more possibililty, that Malcolm re-licences
cpphs as BSD to have it included. I don't expect that to happen
though. :-)

Cheers,

/Niklas