Thinking about what's missing in our library coverage

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 07:02:38 EDT 2009

On 04/08/2009 00:59, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 04:44:32PM -0700, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
>>
>> How would you identify the top, say, 5 libs to add?
>
> I would not look for libs to add. I would wait for people to come and
> tell me that they think that particular libs are worthy of addition, and
> then decide whether or not I agree.

Ok, to kick things off then, I propose the following:

Add

  * binary
  * getopt
  * gtk2hs

Also

  * keep an eye on text.  We certainly want it, but it's
    a young package and there's no text I/O yet.
  * decide which regex package(s) we want
  * remove html? (we have xhtml)
  * replace haskell-src with haskell-src-exts
  * remove packedstring

Cheers,
	Simon