Thinking about what's missing in our library coverage

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 02:08:58 EDT 2009

Hello Felipe,

Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:42:21 AM, you wrote:

>>           o gtk2hs

> Now this looks like trouble :).  I mean, I would love to know
> that Gtk2Hs is installed everywhere, but IMHO it would put a
> great burden to the platform.  Would it just bundle the whole
> Gtk+ inside the instaler?  Hmmm...

one posible solution to this problem would be to split HP into two
editions - basic one should be kept small and simple, even smaller
than old GHC distros (i.e. minus opengl-like stuff, with only "core"
libraries remaining). while batteries included distro should grow, its
main goal - provide one-step installer of whole Haskell world

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com