agreeing a policy for maintainers and hackageDB

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 24 20:07:06 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 18:29 +0400, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:

> i think that Hackage should be database of ALL packages, and other
> ways should be used to distinguish between better and worse ones
> (such as download count, maintainer field, version, last update time...)

Yes. The archive is supposed to be persistent. We don't want to be
deleting packages just because they have suffered bit rot.

Of course we also need to be able to present to users the subset of
current working maintained packages that we actually suggest that they
use (using all the metadata you mention).

Duncan