Package spam :-)

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 12:06:46 EDT 2008

On 2008.06.18 13:11:25 -0700, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> scribbled 1.4K characters:
> As author Adrian, you can ask to have them removed.
>
> Gwern: do not upload other people's packages, if they're active! It is
> impolite, and leads to far too much broken code.
>
> In particular, doing random forks of existing packages with their own
> matainers *is not helpful* -- it just leads to broken, unmaintained code.
>
> Adrian, as these packages simply fork needlessly, or aren't of suitable
> quality, I think you can ask Ross to remove them.
>
> -- Don

I'd like to note that these were not 'random forks'. JPB, the collections maintainer, apparently he split them up last year, listing himself and Hey as maintainers of various packages. All I did was fix up the usual Cabal breakage and re-upload when he accepted my patches; otherwise they are as they were.

--
gwern
Summercon Pine t Crowell SCUD Exon 26 SBS Secure CIA