-Wall -Werror

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 10:34:01 EDT 2008

Claus Reinke wrote:
>>> I'm not sure which is best for you, but you're the package author so
>>> you get to decide!
>
> While you're looking at the code for time, Ashley, I've got a question
> about its relation to old-time: shouldn't System.Time have a DEPRECATED
> pragma, pointing to time? The comments and package name say old-time is
> deprecated in favour of time.

I looked into this; it's not quite that simple.  System.Time exports
ClockTime, which is still used in System.Directory.getModificationTime.  So
in order to properly deprecate System.Time, we have to supply an
alternative to System.Directory.getModificationTime, which would introduce
a dependency on the time package, and directory is currently a core package.

Cheers,
	Simon