patch applied (packages/regex-base): Make setup script compileagain after recent Cabal changes

Sven Panne sven.panne at aedion.de
Tue Sep 4 12:47:06 EDT 2007

On Sunday 02 September 2007 22:59, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 05:24:51PM +0200, Sven Panne wrote:
> [...]
> > To be usable, a speedup of at least factor 10
> > would be required. Is there any hope for this?
>
> Patch application can be sped up with a planned change of hunk format.
> If downloading lots of small patch files individually is the problem
> then darcs could tar them up when checkpointed tags are made.

Will this improve the time for a "./darcs-all pull" for the GHC repository,
too? With extra-libraries it takes over 20 minutes for me, even though only
3-4 small patches have actually been pulled and my 2Mbit DSL line sits
basically idle during the whole time. This is fairly disappointing... :-(

Cheers,
   S.