Cabal and extra-ghci-libraries

Olivier Boudry olivier.boudry at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 13:42:49 EST 2007

Hi all,

Is there a way to specifiy extra-ghci-libraries in the Cabal file?

I found a bug report (
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/cvs-libraries/2006-January/004778.html)
saying that extra-ghci-libraries is now defined in
Distribution.InstalledPackageInfo and that parsing code has been added, but
it's not recognized if I add it to the cabal file.

I built Exif for Windows and cannot use it in ghci (dll load error). The
library is named libexif and the dll  libexif-12.dll.  I can workaround the
problem by unregistering the module, adding extra-ghci-libraries to
dist\installed-pkg-config and re-registering it again. But it would be
easier if I could define the extra-ghci-libraries directly in the Cabal
file.

I modified the cabal file by just adding extra-ghci-libraries to it, but
Cabal don't recognise that name:
Ghc-options: -O2 -Wall
extra-libraries: exif
extra-ghci-libraries: libexif-12
include-dirs: C:/msys/1.0/local/include

When configuring I get this:
Warning: Unknown fields: extra-ghci-libraries (line 19)
Fields allowed in this section:
    name, version, cabal-version, build-type, license, license-file,
    copyright, maintainer, build-depends, stability, homepage,
    package-url, synopsis, description, category, author, tested-with,
    data-files, extra-source-files, extra-tmp-files

I'm using ghc-6.8.1 (the distributed version) and Cabal-1.2.2.0

Thanks,

Olivier.