Automated tests for the libraries?

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Fri Mar 16 10:24:32 EDT 2007

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 04:48:41PM +1100, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> jyasskin:
> > in testsuite/tests/libraries/Data/, but they don't even build with
> > ghc-6.6 because of an import of the hidden module
> > Distribution.Compat.FilePath.

This is a bug in the Cabal package.conf.in, which lists it as hidden
rather than exposed. I expect we'll fix this for 6.6.1.

> > Is there some automated test suite for the libraries that I'm just
> > missing? Is there a plan for developing one? If not, I'll start a wiki
> > page for ideas and try to get a rudimentary one put together.
> >

> A number of libraries are tested in the 'testsuite' that comes with ghc.
> The plan is to move these back into the relevant library repositories
> though.
>
> Ian, what's the plan on this?

SimonM seems to have just been doing this a directory at a time, putting
the tests in libraries/foo/tests by the looks of it. I don't think there
are any major difficulties with finishing it, it just needs someone to
spend some time doing it.

Thanks
Ian