Why is System.Posix.Error in unix?

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Jul 19 19:14:11 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I get the feeling I must be missing something, but why is
System.Posix.Error in the unix package? It looks to me like it just
calls things in the base package, and it works on Windows as far as I
can see:

$ ghci System/Posix/Error.hs
[...]
[1 of 1] Compiling System.Posix.Error ( System/Posix/Error.hs, interpreted )
Ok, modules loaded: System.Posix.Error.
*System.Posix.Error> throwErrnoPath "foo" "bar"
*** Exception: bar: foo: failed (No error)
*System.Posix.Error>

Is there a reason not to move this, perhaps renaming it in the process,
to the base package (or possibly elsewhere in the future, but in the
short term I might want to use it in base)?

Thanks
Ian