Proposal: expose the drive functions in the filepath package

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 09:33:57 EDT 2007

Hello Ian,

Sunday, July 15, 2007, 3:03:20 PM, you wrote:

>> well, i mean that FilePath libarry should contain some sort of
>> normalization function that omits '\' at end of path unless it's a
>> ":\" combination. in other words, function that you now write should
>> be a part of FilePath library because it's a standard functionality

> Ah, I see. Yes, that would work too, although I think Neil and I would
> prefer the more general *Drive functions being exposed (shout if I'm
> wrong, Neil).

with direct use of *Drive function your code will become
windows-specific. if the same functionality will be implemented inside
FilePath library, you will use only portable canonize* function

nevertheless, exporting *Drive and other internal functions will be
great anyway - it's hard to predict all the possible ways of using
library

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com