Proposal: Data.Stream

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Jul 12 16:03:32 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 03:38:56PM +0200, Wouter Swierstra wrote:

> * Hackage homepage: http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/Stream-0.1
>
> fairly uncontroversial, and would like to see it added to base (I
> realize that there are also proposals to clean up base to speed up
> the build of ghc),

Yes indeed; I don't see any reason for adding this to the base library
while we're trying to make base smaller.

> or at least, the standard libraries.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the standard libraries". It wouldn't be
needed to build GHC, so it wouldn't be a GHC "core lib".

Other than that, if it's in hackage then it's as standard as any other
library!

A "stream" (or "colist" or whatever) package seems reasonable to me.

(The http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/code/streams/list/Data/Stream.hs
module also looks too specific to use such a generic name, in my
opinion).

Thanks
Ian