Good Haskell Style

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 3 08:48:23 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 09:07 +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:

> I don't actually want it done on the whole file, which is why I asked for
> the behaviour only on lines that I edit.  The idea is to be
> revision-control-friendly by not introducing unrelated formatting changes.

Ah, but actually it's even harder than that. You want to strip only
lines that end up in the final diff, not merely ones that you edit (but
may end up leaving the same).

So actually perhaps it can be done on save by diffing the old saved
version against the to-be-saved version and fixing the white space in
those new lines that end up covered by the diff.

Sounds like a task for Yi's Haskell mode, all it needs to do is import
the darcs diff code... :-)

Duncan