base libraries

Sven Panne sven.panne at aedion.de
Fri Nov 24 12:02:11 EST 2006

Am Freitag, 24. November 2006 15:37 schrieb Bulat Ziganshin:
> Hello Sven,
>
> Friday, November 24, 2006, 3:00:35 PM, you wrote:
> > [...]
> > If this is the case, there is no reason to *not* include fps 0.9 in
> > "base" for 6.6.1. If we all agree that it would be better to have it
> > somewhere else, we can do this for 6.8.
>
> oh no! if you mean Base library here, this will continue the same
> problem - when something new will be added to FPS, it will be
> impossible to use it before 6.8 arrives. and with 6.8, all old
> programs will stop working because FPS changes

This is *exactly* what I want to achieve: No API changes between minor
releases. It might very well be a personal tragedy for you that some really
cool new feature won't show up for some time, but I think I can live with
that. And may I remind you of your own proposed major/minor numbering scheme?

> i just try to solve our *future* problems, which you don't foresee

I really urge you to improve your writing style: Almost all your emails seem
to imply that you have extremely elegant brand-new solutions to the hardest
problems, envision the future without using a crystal ball, have mad
programming skillz, and know what the world wants, while the rest of the
people on the lists are shortsighted idiots. If that's not what you want to
express, think twice before hitting "Send"...

Cheers,
   S.