base libraries

Sven Panne sven.panne at aedion.de
Fri Nov 24 07:15:43 EST 2006

Am Freitag, 24. November 2006 11:22 schrieb Bulat Ziganshin:
> [...]
> i think that you just not enough involved to see complaints about
> impossibility of using new features in old projects

And *I* think that *you* have just not been involved long enough in the
Haskell business to make assumptions about me.

> [...]
> i'm not purist and don't propose to do something supernatural. my plan is
> just to split base at the natural bound (ghc.*) and look how this can
> be made more portable by moving parts of code between two splitted
> parts

To make this effort worthwile, the new arrangement should support jhc, yhc,
nhc98, ... as well (and doesn't break Hugs). And do you consider platform
portability issues (Linux vs. Windows vs. Mac OS vs. Solaris vs. ...) Are
there already some results to look at?

Cheers,
   S.