nhc98 (was: Proposal: Add System.FilePath to base)

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Nov 23 12:03:21 EST 2006

Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Unfortunately it is very difficult for most developers to test with
> NHC98 because it does not work with any recent version of Linux
> (specifically since Linux kernel version 2.6 some years ago) due to
> the 'high mem' bug.

I build nhc98 every night on Linux, Sparc, and MacOS X.  It works
here...

> I admit that I've not tried building NHC98 for a while but I've not
> heard that the bug has been fixed.

The high-mem bug was fixed in March this year.  So yes, nhc98 is long
overdue for a refreshed release that includes this patch, along with
more current versions of the library packages.  I'll try to get to it
before Christmas.

Regards,
    Malcolm