[GHC] #974: Add unzipEithers, lefts, rights to Data.Either

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 18:57:51 EST 2006

Hello roconnor,

Sunday, November 12, 2006, 7:40:19 PM, you wrote:

> Everyone seems satified with the name unzipEithers.  There have been
> suggestions for

>   partitionEither :: (a -> Either b c) -> [a] -> ([b], [c])

i prefer name splitEithers. for me, unzipping is process of splitting
list of (a,b) values into the list of 'a' values and list of 'b'
values - just like unzipping in real life. this don't have anything common
with the algorithm of this function

disclaimer: i'm not native English speaker, so my language
understanding may be just wrong

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com