Ticket 996: Add ranged sets

Paul Johnson paul at cogito.org.uk
Sat Nov 11 08:53:14 EST 2006

Ross Paterson <ross at soi.city.ac.uk> wrote:

> (This would have been easier to read as a single patch.)

Yes.  Sorry.  I'm still learning Darcs.

> This code could easily be made Haskell 98:

[Minor points deleted]

Agreed.  I'll incorporate your suggestions into the next patch.

> Since this is basically Haskell 98, and is cleanly separated from the
> modules of base, it looks like a prime candidate for a separate package,
> especially as the plan is to slim down base package (#710).

I see your point about not bringing it into base, but on the other hand its a bit small to float off as as separate package.  Having many tiny packages can make finding the right functionality just as hard as a few bloated ones.  I've had a look at #710, and it looks like ranged sets would belong in the containers section.

Paul.