map* for Data.List

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 02:45:00 EST 2006

Hello Samuel,

Sunday, November 5, 2006, 3:02:29 AM, you wrote:
>> I don't think this is really that useful. Lists are homogeneous,
>> tuples are heterogeneous.

> Hmm, from the first two lines, I was expecting
> mapTail :: ([a] -> [a]) -> [a] -> [a]

well, it was not really good thought. i just wrote mapHead function
that used to capitalize first char of line:

print$ (first_time &&& mapHead toUpper) str ++...

and thought that other sorts of map* functions may be also useful

at least i disagree that lists should be always considered as
homogeneous, just look at foldr1

but anyway, it was crush&burn. if you that it is bad - so it is

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com