Data.List.join

Josef Svenningsson josef.svenningsson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 07:45:48 EST 2006

On 10/28/06, Josef Svenningsson <josef.svenningsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/28/06, Donald Bruce Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> > josef.svenningsson:
> > > Just so you all know. I've applied the patch now.
> >
> > Josef,
> >
> > Would it be possible to create a Trac ticket summarising the discussion
> > that occured, following the guide here:
> >     http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions
> >
> Done. It's ticket #971:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/971#preview

Given the feedback I got from this I've decided to pull split out of
the patch. It will only concern intercalate now.

> > In order to satisfy everyone that there was a consensus, in this case?
> >
> Right. I'm sorry if anyone feels that I've rushed this patch. To me it
> seemed to be a clear majority in favour but maybe I should have given
> a heads up before applying the patch.

I did apply the patch much to soon and I don't have a good excuse for
it. I've rolled it back and uploaded the new patches to trac.

I've also set a deadline for the patch now. Since we've already
discussed it quite a lot I've set a pretty tight deadline: Monday Nov
6.

All this information can be found in the ticket which I linked to above.

All the best,

Josef Svenningsson