xml in fptools?

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Wed May 31 05:44:55 EDT 2006

Well, part of my point was that, AFAICT, your approach doesn't serve the
use-cases I envisage and did development for.

It seems to me that a good basic XML parser would be a prerequisite to
supporting the use-case you describe, and the Haskell type-conversion could be
layered on top.  As I understand it, that's how HaXML is constructed.

As for the <textarea/> case you raise, this could be an area where HTML and XML
give rise to differing requirements.  Personally, I'd prefer an *XML* parser to
stick to XML specifications.

#g
--

--