Haskell Matrix Library...

Keean Schupke k.schupke at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jun 14 09:58:41 EDT 2005

Yes, it should be - I have corrected:

    mmap :: (IArray a e, Num e, IArray a e', Num e') => (e -> e') ->
Matrix a e -> Matrix a e'

It still cannot be an instance of functor though as:

    instance Functor (Matrix a) where
        fmap f = mmap x

We cannot constrain the instance correctly... We need "IArray a e", but
fmap is (expanding)

    fmap :: b -> c -> Matrix a b -> Matrix a c

But 'b' and 'c' cannot be constrained by the instance... because they do
not occur in the
class, only the function definition.

    Keean.