Calendar Types

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Mon Feb 14 22:59:33 EST 2005

In article
<7DFF3BC6CA957441AEADA7F340BFAA340A029358 at GBLONEX11.lon.invesco.com>,
 "Bayley, Alistair" <Alistair_Bayley at ldn.invesco.com> wrote:

> > * Should we include a timezone field in CalendarTime?
>
> Yes. If a CalendarTime doesn't carry timezone information with it, then the
> user must bundle it. They will want to do this because (1) they will be
> probably dealing with local time

But could there be occasions when the user wants to deal with calendar
times without time zones?

> (2) a CalendarTime sans timezone is equivalent to UTC,

No, a CalendarTime without a time zone would simply be a local time. It
would not correspond to any particular absolute time.

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA