Cabal interface changes proposal

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 26 05:52:49 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 02:06 -0800, Krasimir Angelov wrote:
>    I agree that it is completely safe to keep the
> basic structure the same. My proposal just makes the
> things even simpler.
>    I would like to know a litle bit more about your
> plans about executable tools. Lets imagine that there
> is a library and a preprocesor which are bundled in
> single package.

That reminds me of the other complicating factor of the gtk2hs build
system. We use 3 bundled source code generators/preprocessors which need
to be built to build the other library packages but theses build tools
do not get installed.

I'm quite happy with leaving the shipments layer until later. Tackle the
low hanging fruit first.

As a shipment (a collection of inter-dependent packages) gtk2hs is not
too hard to describe. It has 5 library packages (some of which may not
be built) and 3 executable packages (though the executables are not
installed).

Duncan