[Haskell] New version of the HTTP module

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Tue Mar 16 10:56:57 EST 2004

> > The modified HTTP module is available from:
> >

> http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d00bring/haskell-xml-rpc/http.html
> >
> > In line with Graham Klyne's suggestion [3] that a
> > consistent version of
> > this module be brought into some "community space",
> > it will probably
> > move to the haskell-libs project at SourceForge in
> > the not too distant
> > future.
>
>     Is it possible to move the module to the network
> package from the standard libraries
> (fptools/libraries). There already exists modules for
> CGI,Socket and URI.

Possibly.  In general we're moving to a more decentralised model for
distributing libraries with the Library Infrastructure Project, but it
may still be a while before that's stable.

Guidelines for fptools/libraries are here:

http://www.haskell.org/hierarchical-modules/libraries/libraries.html

Parts of that document are out of date, but the "Reference Libraries"
section is still relevant for the parts of fptools/libraries that we
ship with compilers.

Cheers,
	Simon