[jhc] darcs patch: include $PREFIX/{share, lib}/{jhc, jhc-$SHORTVERSION} in...

David Roundy roundyd at physics.oregonstate.edu
Wed Sep 2 12:33:01 EDT 2009

I would also lean towards trimming the whole default search path down,
but didn't want to go that far with an unsolicited patch.  I'd
probably vote to include just

~/lib/jhc:/usr/local/lib/jhc:/usr/lib/jhc:$PREFIX/lib/jhc:$PREFIX/lib/jhc-0.7

and move the default install into the last entry.  Otherwise, it seems
like you're asking for folks to get confused as to what packages are
actually used.  With my change, 16 locations are searched, which seems
excessive, particularly as users can always add their own paths via an
environment variable.

David

Wed Sep  2 12:28:53 EDT 2009  David Roundy <roundyd at physics.oregonstate.edu>
  * include $PREFIX/{share,lib}/{jhc,jhc-$SHORTVERSION} in search path.
  I find it a little annoying that the default search path doesn't
  include the location where I installed jhc, except the
  ../share/jhc-0.7 directory, which I'd rather not put stuff in, so I
  can easily delete all non-standard packages.

  I also took the liberty of reordering the default search path, so that
  all the ~/* entries would be before all the /usr/local/* entries, etc.