[Haskell-iPhone] Using ghc-ios with cabal sandbox

Axis Sivitz axis at asivitz.com
Wed Oct 15 20:57:53 UTC 2014

Is anyone using ghc-ios with cabal sandbox? I am having trouble with it.

I can 'cabal-ios install’ fine. That installs the packages properly in the
sandbox for arm and x86.

But the ghc-ios script doesn’t use the sandbox environment. And running a
simple 'cabal exec ghc-ios …’ clobbers the package-db path:

I get...
"Using binary package database:
/…/sandbox/x86_64-osx-ghc-7.8.3-packages.conf.d/package.cache”
and then a bunch of errors like:
Bad interface file: /usr/local/lib/ghc-7.8.3/base-4.7.0.1/Prelude.hi
        magic number mismatch: old/corrupt interface file? (wanted 129742,
got 33214052)

I guess the best solution is for cabal’s exec command to respect the
arguments that cabal-ios provides. But maybe in the meantime perhaps I can
tweak the ghc-ios script to add an argument to look for the presence of
sandboxing, unless anyone else has a better idea.

Thanks,
Axis