[Haskell-iPhone] Building GHC cross-compiler failing on libffi

thomas burt thomaseburt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 02:11:27 CEST 2013

Hi,

I've just followed instructions for "Building a GHC cross-compiler for
Apple iOS targets (1)", and I'm getting stuck during "make" while building
libffi. Specifically I get errors like "no such instruction" and warnings
about junk characters.

I was able to build libffi using the build-ios.sh script found in
libffi-3.0.13.tar.gz (2), but I noticed a less recent version (3.0.8) was
listed in the "tarballs" file of the ghc distribution. Not sure if that
makes any difference though.

If anyone has suggestions for me, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

(1) http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/CrossCompiling/iOS
(2) ftp://sourceware.org/pub/libffi/libffi-3.0.13.tar.gz