No subject

Thu Jan 10 18:17:16 CET 2013

cross-compiler that integrates with Xcode for building iOS applications.
I'm curious if anyone has an application running on an actual iOS device
(not just the simulator) and would care to comment about the performance
of the run time system.

I've come across some comments in #haskell that have led me to believe
that the Haskell RTS won't operate in anything less than 128MB of RAM.
I suppose that's not terrible since most iOS devices have at least 512MB
but I've not experienced that (xmonad seems to be very happy in 60MB
total vsize).

The other possible myth that I've heard is that profiling a Haskell
program and improving space usage needs to be done on each platform and
tuning for one platform can induce space leaks on another.  This doesn't
seem reasonable to me so I wanted to see if anyone has profiled/tuned on
Linux/Mac OS X and run into any issues on an iOS device.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for all the work on ghc-ios!

--
Peter Jones --- Love to Develop
303-219-0226 http://devalot.com