[Haskell-iPhone] help for ghc android cross compiler

Nathan Hüsken nathan.huesken at posteo.de
Tue Jan 15 18:59:46 CET 2013

Hey,

I am currently trying to get a ghc cross compiler for android linux to work.
I am basing this on the development version (HEAD). I succeeded building
the compiler. Unfortunately, the executables produced by the compiler
segfault on my android device.

If I do an unregisterised build, it works!

Since the iphone is also an arm platform, I was hoping someone here
could help me a little bit.

I investigate the problem a little bit (see this thread:
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2013-January/000013.html) and
I am guessing (I am no expert) that it is an arm problem, not android.

It seems like the wrong register is used for base (r0 instead of r4).

* On which ghc version is the iphone fork based?
* Are there any arm fixes in the iphone fork that could be related to this?

Thank you!
Nathan