[Haskell-iPhone] Building libHSghc for ARM

Mike Rotondo mrotondo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 05:32:23 CEST 2012

Hi there,

I'm experimenting with building Haskell into my Objective-C applications
via linking in the object files and _stub.h files along with the runtime
libraries*, so that I can build my haskell code along with my objC code
from XCode. However, I'm flummoxed because (as far as I can tell) I need a
libHSghc library to exist somewhere that's built for ARM, and I don't have
one. I asked in #ghc and was told that that library should be built
automatically when I run make, but I don't see it
in /usr/local/ghc-iphone/lib/ghc-7.5.20120619/ after I run make install.
There _is_ a ~/ghc/compiler/stage1/build/libHSghc-7.5.a (where ~/ghc is my
git repo) that gets built, so that's promising, but it's built for x64
instead of ARM.

Does anyone with more GHC-building experience know how I might configure my
build to get a libHSghc for ARM?

Mike

*As opposed to pre-building a static library of my haskell code + the
runtime and linking it in my XCode project.

PS I'm following the instructions on
https://github.com/ghc-ios/**ghc/wiki<https://github.com/ghc-ios/ghc/wiki>
build GHC.