[HOpenGL] HOpenGL && --enable-threaded-rts

Tim Docker t.docker@onetel.net
26 Feb 2003 00:31:07 +0000

I'm trying to bring HOpenGL up on my new gentoo linux box. It all built
fine, but any OpenGL program that tries to create a window SEGVs
immediately after...

OpenGL on them machine seems to work OK - I can compile and run
teapots.c from the distribution for example. (Not to mention run
tuxracer :-)

I noted a long thread last year about --enable-threaded-rts and HOpenGL
not working togther. The thread did not seem to end in a solution. The
default ebuild of ghc for gentoo has this flag turned on. Might this be
the cause of my problems? I was suprised when I run the SEGVing program
under gdb to find that there were multiple threads in operation.

Tim