[Hat] Help with hat's gentoo ebuild

sebasmagri at gmail.com sebasmagri at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 15:45:48 EDT 2008

Hi friends...

I'm writing an ebuild for hat to get it into the gentoo's haskell
overlay for testing and then pull it into the portage tree.

I can see that actually you use autotools to build it, but I found
hat.cabal in the lib dir. I suppose that this .cabal file is used to
build only the libs.

We in gentoo make use of some especial functions that make the things
more easier to mantain when are cabalized, don't you have a way to build
hat using only cabal?. If not, is there any reason that I must have in
consideration?

There is an ebuild for hat yet in our bugzilla, but we are searching or
ways to improve it and make it available for auo gentoo-haskell users...

Greetings..