[Hat] installation problems

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Dec 2 06:39:24 EST 2008

Martin Hofmann <martin.hofmann at uni-bamberg.de> wrote:

> (2.05-rerolled-5ubuntu1(hardy))
>           (Tried directory /usr/local/lib/hat-2.06)
> This sounds strange, because I have installed v2.05, why are libs from
> 2.06 required, which obviously are not there - or should they?

That sounds like a simple packaging error in the ubuntu .deb.  The
version numbers certain ought to match.

> hmake: the compiler 'ghc' is not known.

I seem to recall that some Debian-based packages of hmake have a
configuration that is independent of installed compilers - it knows only
about "haskell-compiler", but not ghc specifically.

You can easily tell hmake to learn about ghc however:
    hmake-config ghc

Regards,
    Malcolm