[Hat] hat installation problem

Johan Glimming glimming at kth.se
Sun Jan 29 09:07:57 EST 2006

Hi "hat guys",

I have a problem: I try to get hat installed under Mac OS X and so I
have it now under /opt/local/ with the help of Darwinport (a rpm file
could be installed, or rather forced into this location using a
rpm2cpio.sh script). I should say that I also have a ghc installation
in fink /sw/bin/ghc (6.2), and *also* one under /opt/local/bin/
(6.4). I have set the GH library path and given the /opt/local
precedence in the $PATH variable, so I really hope this is not the
problem (well it works for usual Haskell files anyway).

Despite this, I cannot get hat up and running. The problem is
probably not hat, since the hat-trans compiler seems to work just
fine. The problem is to use ghc on the result:

$ ghc -v Hat/myresult.hs

Using package config file: /opt/local/lib/ghc-6.4/package.conf
Failed to load interface for `Hat.PreludeBasic':
         Could not find module `Hat.PreludeBasic':
           locations searched:
             Hat/PreludeBasic.hi
             Hat/PreludeBasic.hi-boot

I guess my installation is somehow corrupt, but I wonder if I can
manually add Hat to package.conf to avoid this problem. Note that hat
resides in

   /opt/local/bin
   /opt/local/lib/hat
   /opt/local/include/hat

hmake works fine without hat at the moment, but with the -hat
argument I get similarly:

$ hmake -hat myfile.hs
ghc -c -package hat -o ...
ghc-6.4: unknown package: hat

Many thanks to some help to get 'hat' up and going!

Johan Glimming
Stockholm University