[Hat] Fwd: buggy sorting function

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Fri Sep 16 11:44:31 EDT 2005

Thomas Davie <tatd2 at kent.ac.uk> writes:

> > but the current CVS versions of hat-detect and hat-check are slightly
> > broken (they don't deal correctly with DoLambda 0x5).
>
> Can you tell me what the structure of DoLambda is so that I can
> update NodeExp.hs to deal with it... hat-check says it has no
> pointers except for source position, and parent...

'DoLambda' is not an expression.  It is a specially distinguished kind
of FileNode like so:

    Root            0x0
    Unevaluated     0x1
    Entered         0x2
    Interrupted     0x3
    Lambda          0x4
    DoLambda        0x5

See include/art.h and src/hattools/LowLevel.hs.

I think it can appear anywhere a "Ref Atom" would be valid, e.g. as
the 'value' field of an ExpValueUse.

Regards,
    Malcolm