[Hat] Data.Generics missing from Hat

Thomas Davie tatd2 at kent.ac.uk
Thu Aug 4 11:11:43 EDT 2005

On 4 Aug 2005, at 13:57, Ken T Takusagawa wrote:

> I get the error
>
> hat-trans: /usr/local/include/hat/Data/Generics.hx:
> openFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)
>
> when compiling a file with "import Data.Generics".  Is there
> a fix or a workaround?

Data.Generics appears to not be translated in the make script, so you
will need to do it yourself.  Find the relevant source file, run hat-
trans on it, compile it and put the various files in the relevant
places.

For testing purposes it's often easier to make a renamed version of
the module and just put it locally in your project, but this might
not be applicable in this case.

As to why it isn't translated, I don't know, but I expect Malcolm had
a good reason and will tell you later :)

Bob