[Hat] Hat bug report: hat-stack fails on simple example

Fergus Henderson fjh007 at galois.com
Wed Jun 30 15:05:11 EDT 2004

Attached is a very simple example program: main calls f, which calls g,
which calls h, which calls error.

I tried building this with hat ("hmake -hat Foo"), running it ("./Foo")
and then using hat-stack ("hat-stack Foo").  But hat-stack reported no
useful information.  The only output was as follows:

 | Program terminated with error:
 |   {in h}
 | Virtual stack trace:                                        source file/line/col
 |   _|_                                                       no source reference
 |   _|_                                                       no source reference
... the same line above, repeated another 62 times ...
 |   _|_                                                       no source reference
 |   _|_                                                       no source reference

I also tried using hat-trail, but I couldn't get any useful information
out of that either.

I am using the latest CVS version of hat with ghc 6.2.

Also, hat-trail failed to properly restore the tty state after ":q".

--
Fergus J. Henderson                 |  "I have always known that the pursuit
Galois Connections, Inc.            |  of excellence is a lethal habit"