[Hat] Hat bug report: Ambiguous occurrence `List'

Olaf Chitil O.Chitil at kent.ac.uk
Wed Jun 30 11:14:04 EDT 2004

Malcolm Wallace wrote:

>  I have attached a possible fix, but
>with it, the Hat prelude can no longer be transformed correctly,
>so you should not try to rebuild that.  Olaf might like to comment
>on or refine the patch.

Gosh, the module system is really complicated; never thought of that.
I believe it would be better if the AuxInfo pass, which knows about what
is imported, would rename (>>) into its fully qualified form. Then the
subsequent pass would work fine (?)

However, I'm just about to leave for holidays. So don't expect anything
from me before 26 July.

Ciao,
Olaf

--
OLAF CHITIL,
Computing Laboratory, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent CT2 7NF, UK.