[Hat] Build problems

Olaf Chitil O.Chitil at kent.ac.uk
Fri Jul 30 12:32:28 EDT 2004

Ok, I understand the refererence to nhc98 libraries in the error message.

Nonetheless,  my hmake is definitely from cvs.

It seems that the Makefile calls hmake (which processes SysDeps) at
least 3 times!
The first time indeed __NHC__ is true and hence that branch taken. (I
inserted a bogus import in that case and got one error message about it).
However, Makefile calls hmake also twice(!) with __NHC__ undefined, so
that the last default branch is taken, causing the two error messages.

Note that all these calls of hmake happen before the directory hattrans
is entered. Any ideas?

myrtle$ gmake hat

Warning: package(s) lang not available in
/proj/haskell/include/nhc98/packages

Fail: Can't find module IOExts in user directories
        .
        src/hattrans
        src/compiler98
  Or in installed libraries/packages at
        /proj/haskell/include/nhc98
        /proj/haskell/include/nhc98/packages/base
  Asked for by: src/compiler98/SysDeps.hs
  Fix using the -I, -P, or -package flags.

Stop - hmake dependency error.

Warning: package(s) lang not available in
/proj/haskell/include/nhc98/packages

Fail: Can't find module IOExts in user directories
        .
        src/hattrans
        src/compiler98
  Or in installed libraries/packages at
        /proj/haskell/include/nhc98
        /proj/haskell/include/nhc98/packages/base
  Asked for by: src/compiler98/SysDeps.hs
  Fix using the -I, -P, or -package flags.

Stop - hmake dependency error.
cd src/hattrans;     gmake HC=ghc all
gmake[1]: Entering directory
`/nfs/myrtle/d23/part1/home/cur/oc/hat/src/hattrans'
.... continues build