[Hat] Problems installing hat on Windows

Malcolm Wallace hat@haskell.org
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:40:40 +0000

Bernd Holzmüller <holzmueller@ics-ag.de> writes:

> I am trying to build hat 2.02 on Windows NT using cygwin but failed to
> build glib 2.2.1 (get lots of messages of the form gcc: unrecognized
> option `-pthreads' and unresolved linker messages).

We do not recommend using glib-2.2.x, try installing glib-1.2.10 instead.

> is it possible for you to provide a pre-built binary for hat for Windows?

Unfortunately it is not possible at the moment, because we do not have
access to a Windows machine with sufficient permissions to install
all the pre-requisite software.

However, we would indeed like to make binary bundles available, and if
users contribute them, we will happily host them.

Regards,
    Malcolm